Cookies and local storage are part of the web technology and are not harmful, but it is important that you understand the implications to your privacy.
- What is a cookie?
- What are cookies used for?
- What is a local storage?
- What are third-party cookies?
- Web browsers with a private browsing option
- How do I block or delete the cookies?
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small temporary files stored in your browsing device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc) when you visit a website. Cookies enable the website to store certain information in your device, for example to store user preferences or to recognize you if you visit the website later.
When a cookie is created in your device, the following information is stored:
- The address (domain) of the website that created the cookie.
- The duration of the cookie (may last just some minutes or for years).
- The content of the cookie.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- Essential cookies. Technical cookies necessary to manage your flow within the website or to keep you logged in. If you block the, it is possible that certain parts of the website might not work properly.
- Customization cookies. Necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytic cookies. These cookies help us and third parties to record where visits are originated and how users interact with the website, in order to create analytics that help us to enhance the website structure and contents.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to manage the advertisements displayed, their content and frequency.
- Behavioral advertising cookies. These cookies help to track your browsing behavior in order to create a profile to determine relevant advertisements for you.
- Social sharing cookies. Cookies required to log you into your social networks in order to share contents.
WHAT IS LOCAL STORAGE?
A local storage is a file created by a website in your device. Cookies are just one type of local storage, but there are others. It is important that you know them so you can block them or delete the data stored by them:
- Browser local storage. Some websites use the browser’s “sessionStorage” and “localStorage” to store data; “sessionStorage” is stored temporarily, but the “localStorage” is persistent. You may erase them by deleting your browser’s history.
- Flash local storage (“Flash Local Shared Objects”). Flash is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Flash can store data in your device.
- Silverlight local storage (“Isolated Objects”). Silverlight is a browser plug- in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Silverlight can store data in your device.
- A web beacon is a tracking method that consists of an image embedded into a website. When your browser connects to the server where the image is located to download it, your access is tracked. Sometimes web beacons are very small or transparent images so the user is not aware of them.
WHAT ARE THIRD-PARTY COOKIES?
Many websites incorporate functions or features provided by third parties, like:
- Analytics on website usage.
- Interactive maps.
- Videos and multimedia elements.
- Social-sharing buttons.
Functionality of the booking engine through Globres powered by SynxisGlobal Reservation Agent AG (GlobRes)Global Reservation Agent AG (GlobRes) Hirschmattstrasse 28, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland (VAT Information: MWSt./ VAT No. 587 017) (Tel: +41 41 311 0100) (Fax: +41 41 311 0102) (General Email: email@example.com)https://www.sabre.com/about/privacy/
Some of these functions track your browsing in order to create a profile of your interests, so they can show you advertisements that are relevant to you. Cookies and local storage are tools that help to collect your browsing behavior.
WEB BROWSERS WITH A PRIVATE BROWSING OPTION
If you want to browse this website with a higher degree of privacy and limitating the cookies that are stored for long amounts of time, we recommend that you make use of a web browser with a “private” browsing oBtion. You may obtain more information on this possibility in the help pages of the main web browsers:
HOW DO I BLOCK OR DELETE THE COOKIES?
The information is also covered in web browser’s online support pages:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Mictosoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=es_ES
- Safari for IOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Some information may be stored in your browser’s local storage, Flash local storage and Silverlight local storage. To delete it:
- To delete browser’s local storage please delete the browser’s history.
- To delete Flash local storage, please refer to Adobe help pages: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Google Analytics Opt-out browser Add-on, you may download it at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
To stop being tracked by the AddThis plugin:
- You can opt out at http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
To stop being tracked by the ShareThis plugin:
- You can opt out at http://www.sharethis.com/legal/privacy/
To get help on other browsing software or any question regarding the cookies used by this website, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: if you block cookies, it is possible that certain services or functions do not work properly.
In order to help you delete or block cookies, the following lists contains cookies used by this website. Most web browsers have the option just to block or delete cookies for specific domains, so you do not have to delete them all:
Function or feature and name of its providerCookieDomainPersistencePurposeFirst party cookies necessary to run the website or to remember certain user preferencesTemporary and persistent cookiesthewittmore.comWeeksEssential (technical) cookiesCustomization cookiesGoogle Analytics (Google, Inc.)Temporary and persistent cookies (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv, _ga)thewittmore.comYearsWeb analyticstransfer data outside the EUGoogle Functions (Google Maps, Youtube, +1, Google Remarketing, Google translate, etc) (Google, Inc.)Temporary and persistent cookies (VISITOR_INFO1_liVE, PREF, YSC, etc).browser local storage. Flash Local Storage.googleusercontent.com, google.es, google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com, googleadservices.com, youtube.com, youtube.es, ytimg.com, etcYearsWeb analyticsTechnicalAuthenticationUser preferencestrackingAdvertisingLocationSecuritytransfer data outside the EUFacebook Functions, like Button (Facebook, Inc.)Temporary and persistent cookies (datr, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref and reg_fb_ext, wd, c_user, lu, sct, xs, x-referer, presence, p, locale, lsd, _e_*, fr, sub, etc).browser local storage.facebook.comYearsWeb analyticsTechnicalAuthenticationUser preferencestrackingAdvertisingLocationtransfer data outside the EUYandex Functions (analytics)Yandexuid, yp, i.yandex.ruYearsRastreoPublicidadLocalizacióntransferencia de datos fuera de la UESistema medición analítico de Inspeclet__insp_norec_sess, __insp_nv, __insp_ref, __insp_slim, __insp_wildinspectlect.com, thewittmore.comYearsanalytics, Behavioural advertisingTechnical functions to make the bookingsynxis- _zldp, gat etchttps://gc.synxis.com/rez.asp x?Hotel=3058&template=rbeYearsanalytics, Advertising